Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Warm welcome, Lewis, my first grandson

Introducing my first grandson Lewis who first joined our family in this world in the morning of July 1, 2007 at the Pantai Hospital. Post of photos couldn't be added earlier because I had to finish many other tasks first, sorry.

Lewis still in hospital, day 1


Lewis at home now, with the paternal grandparents


Lewis on a mattress


Photo of Lewis taken between 7-8 July 2007


I didn't include Lewis's full name because there is some controversy over whether putting up blogs and photos like this on the web is a wise idea. Some says when the kid grows up, he/she may not like it because of privacy issues. When looking for spouse or employment in the future, prospective partner or employer do background checks on the web and posts and photos like this may turn up in the search and it may have a positive or negative effect, depending. His grandfather (paternal side) says if it turns out to be negative, he can then sue smiling icon his granddad (me). Feedback welcomed in the comments.

BTW, any resemblance to Nuchal scan with a recognisable face?

Also, made 2 music slideshows at Old MacDonald and This Old Man which really contained a photo of this old man.

7 comments:

Flea said...

Aaahh, he is too cute Peter!
Congratulations, my first born, a boy turned 13 in July!

Peter @ Enviroman said...

Hi Hann,

Thanks. You must have enjoyed bringing up you son. BTW, like to make music slideshows with photographs of your family? I did at Make nice music slideshows with your family photos.

Peter (Blog*Star 2006 and 2007)
Blogger Tips and Tricks

Anonymous said...

Hello Peter,
Thank you for stopping by my blog, and thank you for helping dear Hannelie with the changes. She did such a lovely job, and I am thrilled with the result.

I must say you have a beautiful grandson! It will be fun to hear stories of him as he grows. My son doesn't like me to mention his children or show their photographs, and I do respect his feelings on that. My daughter seems to be less worried.

Obviously, you have helped to create a wonderful grandchild, as well as a great blogpage for me. You are a multi-talented man.

Peter Chen said...

Hi Gramma,

Thanks for dropping by and for the compliments. I suppose Hannelie is either your daughter or very close friend?

Grandpa
Blogger Tips and Tricks

Hanya said...

I'm so happy to see your sweet Lewis :) Congratulations, soon he'll be two months old :) It's impossible to describe the pleasure that it brings watching the child to grow...
I want to wish to Lewis long, happy and healthy life :)

My son is 25 months old, but unfortunately he can see his grandparents only one time a year - I am Polish, my husband is Hong Kong origin and we are living in France :( far away from our family.
Maybe one day it will change...?

Once again my best wishes!

Peter @ Enviroman said...

Bonjour Anna,

Nice to see we have something in common, Chinese blood in your son and a young baby to enjoy. Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. Wishing all the best for your 25 month old son.

Peter

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link